What is Laughter Yoga?
Laughter Yoga is an innovative form of exercise developed my a medical doctor in India, whereby anyone can laugh for no reason or any reason and improve their health. It doesn’t matter whether the laughter is spontaneous or manufactured, the same physical, emotional, and social benefits are received.
10 Good Reasons to Laugh for No Reason
1. Laughter is a stress buster. It reduces the levels of stress hormones.
2. Laughter strengthens the immune system helping to keep infections, allergies and cancers at bay.
3. Laughter is anti-aging. It tones facial muscles and increases blood supply to the face. People look younger and more fun when they laugh.
4. Laughter is aerobic exercise. It stimulates heart and blood circulation, increases oxygen intake, and is suitable for almost anyone.
5. Laughter is internal jogging. It massages internal organs by enhancing the blood supply and increasing their efficiency.
6. Laughter is a Natural Pain Killer. It increases levels of endorphins
7. Laughter can help control high blood pressure by reducing the release of stress-related hormones.
8. Laughter can help with depression and anxiety. It promotes better sleep and reduces depression.
9. Laughter alleviates bronchitis and asthma. It improves lung capacity and oxygen levels in the blood.
10. Laughter makes you feel good and can improve your social life. Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Scientifically Proven Benefits
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. One gets the same physiological and psychological benefits.
Clinical research conducted at Bangalore, India and in the United States has proved that laughter lowers the level of stress hormones (epinephrine, cortisol, etc) in the blood.
Women’s Daily Laughter Club
Monday-Friday 9-9:30am at Red Tent Collective, Dunedin. Love offering.
Questions? Contact Sparkie Lovejoy, Cerified Laughter Yoga Teacher Phone: 727-902-9427 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of Laughter Yoga is World Peace Through Laughter
For more info check Laughter Yoga University